FCICA Shares a Summary of the May Virtual Meeting
FCICA is excited to share a summary of the May Virtual Meeting.
Flooring industry professionals, commercial flooring contractors, distributors, manufacturers and consultants connected at FCICA's second online event, the May Virtual Meeting, Virtual Eye on the Horizon: A Look into the Future of Commercial Flooring, Tuesday and Wednesday, May 25 - 26.
FCICA is pleased to share interest and attendance were strong. Over 350 people registered to attend this free online event. Overall, the event went smoothly, the response positive and attendees were able to easily attend sessions covering a wide range of industry topics.
The May Virtual Meeting featured two keynote addresses, 6 educational presentations and 9 associate member sessions - a full 2-day event. Scott Humphrey, CEO, World Floor Covering Association kicked off Day 1 with his opening keynote address. Mike Roberts, FCICA Honorary Vice Chair and CJ Church, FCICA Executive Director, welcomed attendees. Mr. Humphrey's keynote followed, where he shared his perspective and thoughts on the industry.
The keynote kick off was followed by back-to-back educational sessions and presentations from FCICA’s Associate Members. Day 1 schedule included:
- How LATICRETE® SUPERCAP® Can Expand Your Business presented by Joseph Rizzo, Associate Director of Sales Concrete Remediation and Aaron Abbott, Senior Technical Product Manager, LATICRETE International, Inc.
- Educational Session: Division 3 and Division 9 - Bridging the Gap presented by Seth Pevarnik, Director of Technical Services, ARDEX Americas and Jeffrey B. Johnson, FCIS Business Marketing Manager, MAPEI Corporation
- Commercial Resilient Flooring Solution: Transformation Beyond Ordinary presented by Dave Darche, National Market Manager A&D/Adhesives, Bona US
- Educational Session: Flooring by the Numbers: Using LinkedIn to Sell More Floors presented by Mick Holly, CEO, Flooring by the Numbers
- Educational Session: How to Partner with your Manufacturer presented by Don Styka, CIM, Director of Field Services, Tarkett
- The Next Generation of Measure by RFMS presented by Justin Swinney, Apps Product Coordinator, RFMS
- Floor Removal 2.0 - The Next Generation In Floor Removal Technology presented by Corey Dickerson, CIM, Technical Sales, Uzin Utz/Wolff
- Educational Session: Recruiting and Retaining Installers presented by Mike Keller, CIM, Commercial Operations Training Manager, Jack Laurie Group and Matt Hanson, Managing Partner, Bonitz
Day 1 concluded with a Virtual Happy Hour at which attendees were greeted with a special message from comedian Bill Engvall and a virtual tour of the Garrison Brothers Distillery in Austin, TX where FCICA’s Annual Convention will take place in September.
Day 2 opened with an attendee welcome from Pat Kelly, FCICA Board Chair. Pat introduced Deanna Mathis, Director, Community Outreach & Corporate Giving, who shared a video from the Closing Keynote Sponsor, Shaw Industries, about the company's commitment to the industry, its people and the broader community. Deanna then introduced, Closing Keynote Speaker, Shaw Industries President and CEO, Tim Baucom. Mr. Baucom addressed current industry challenges, yet shared his positive outlook for the future. His keynote was an interactive session. Attendees were encouraged to submit questions in advance, which he answered during his speech. The Closing Keynote was followed by another day of back-to-back sessions. Day 2 schedule included:
- Rapid System Solutions for Flooring and Tiling presented by Mark Pennine, Technical Manager Tile & Stone Installation Systems and Pat Cunningham, Technical Services Supervisor, ARDEX Americas
- You’ve Got Moisture Issues: Now What? presented by Heather Ruhl, Training Program Manager, HB Fuller
- Discover New Market Opportunities presented by Jerry Lee, National Sales Manager, Protect-All Flooring
- Educational Session: Social Media Best Practices presented by Shannon Vogel, Founder and Owner, Reach Social
- Bid in the Silent Auction - Learn More About the Donated Products from ARDEX Americas, Federated Insurance, GCP Applied Technologies, MAPEI Corporation, Protect-All Flooring, Wagner Meters
- Resilient Floor Installation Products & Systems from MAPEI presented by Jeffrey B. Johnson, FCIS Business Marketing Manager, MAPEI Corporation
- Educational Session: Installation Best Practices, Panel Discussion presented by Amy Johnston, CIM, Flooring Services, Inc. and Jesse Tranel, Vice President, CIM, DCO Commercial Flooring
All presentation recordings are available for viewing on the FCICA Member Center educational portal. Log on to your educational profile account or access the educational portal here.
FCICA is grateful to the event attendees, presenters, silent auction donors, sponsors and those who made financial contributions towards this free industry event.
A special thank you to our Opening Keynote Speaker, Scott Humphrey and our Closing Keynote Speaker, Tim Baucom for their unique insights on both the current state and future of the commercial flooring industry. Tim Baucom's keynote was sponsored by a generous contribution from Shaw Industries, a strong supporter and long-time FCICA member.
FCICA is grateful to its Associate Member and Educational Session presenters for their informative and interesting presentations. You made this event possible. Thank you for sharing your expertise and introductions to industry products.
FCICA's educational sessions were sponsored by DCO Commercial Flooring, Diverzify, Synergy Flooring and The Gillespie Group. Our silent auction generated $5,025 from generous donations from member companies ARDEX Americas, Federated Insurance, GCP Applied Technologies, MAPEI Corporation, Protect-All Flooring and Wagner Meters. Thank you for your product donations. FCICA also recognizes the support of its Platinum and Gold Sponsors.
The May Virtual Meeting was a free event, open to everyone, regardless of membership status. Yet many individual attendees opted to made a financial donation. Thank you for your financial support.
The May Virtual Meeting was FCICA's second 'virtual venture', a response to the need to change meeting and conference format. FCICA is looking forward to a return to the in-person Annual Convention and Commercial Flooring Trade Show this September 14 - 16, 2021 at the AT & T Hotel and Convention Center in Austin, Texas. Exhibitor registration is now open.
FCICA is committed to supporting its member companies, their employees and the flooring industry serving as the resource for premier commercial flooring contractors by:
* Providing technical education, business support and industry expert networking.
* Delivering skills and knowledge to enhance the professionalism of commercial flooring contractors.
* Promoting the advancement and continuous development of Certified Installation Managers (CIM).
FCICA, the Floor Covering Installation Contractors Association, a nonprofit trade organization formed in 1982 and headquarted in Glen Ellyn, IL, is the resource for premier commercial flooring contractors. FCICA strives to promote the advancement and continuous development of Certified Installation Managers (CIM); provide technical education, business support and industry expert networking; and deliver skills and knowledge to enhance the professionalism of commercial flooring contractors. FCICA is an international association whose contractor members serve the continental U.S. plus Burma and Canada. For more information about FCICA visit www.fcica.com or contact us at 630.672.3702.
Media Contact : Catherine Church | firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Links : https://www.fcica.com/may-virtual-meeting/